Friday, March 13, 2009

A nice voicemail.

After I ended my kids class today I decided to give them a talk on how important it is to realize that no matter how bad things "are", everything is constantly changing; so don't give up hope when your really down.

These talks are funny for me because sometimes I can see the kids feeling a little restless and even a few rolling there eyes. I had to decide a few years ago if I was even going to keep giving those little talks; it seemed to me that the kids just didn't care. After quite a bit of soul searching I decided to keep giving the talks. The main reason; I don't care if the kids like them or not, I love giving them and when I give these talks to others it really makes me feel better!

This evening I recieved a nice voice mail from one of the parents of one of my child students. They told me how much they appreciated those little talks, how they get in the car every night after class and discuss what I said. She went on to say that those little talks had made a huge difference in the life of her child; and tonight especially it made a big difference. She said she just had to call to let us know.

It's funny but when you do what you love you can't help but also have a positive impact on others too. Why not do what you love to do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment